Thursday 19 May 2011

Introducing Agnieszka Swiatly

When did you set up your Label and what prompted you set it up?
I began designing about 10 years ago. At first single pieces. The brand was established in 2008, when my first designer’s collection signed with my name came out. Everything became much easier after that. I love my job, and I can’t imagine my life without design in it. The smile of my satisfied clients, as well as the acceptance in the sphere of designers is priceless for me.  This is why I know I choose the right path in life.
Who are your designs targeted at?
I design for women who appreciate unique, stylish and very elegant clothing, in which they can feel luxurious. Everything I make is very unique, and this is the feeling that I want my clients to feel when putting on my collection.

Your brand has received countless press coverage. What has been the highlight of your career so far?
Up to this point I have had many publications in polish press. This is undoubtedly a distinction and appreciation of my work.
It’s hard to pinpoint the most important moment in my career. I think that as I change, my collections change also. When my daughter was born, I began looking at the world and at myself as a real woman. This is noticeable in my designs.

Where did you get inspiration for the s/s 2012 collection from?
The spring/summer 2012 collection is an important moment in my career. It’s the first time I used patterns and motifs from the animal kingdom. I was mostly inspired by materials I found in Italy. I did not steer away from my characteristic style, which is a combination of classic style and drapes.
What is your favorite fabric to work with?
Silk! Definatly silk! Its light weight, and luxurious feel inspires me. I love the feeling of this material on my skin.

Who would you love you see in one of your designs?
I would like to see my designs worn by beautiful women, happy with their image, proud and elegant.  I would like to break through the gray we meet every day, and with my designs add some magic to the world.
You will be showcasing at the LGN events summer showcase, will this be your first time showcasing in London?
Yes, this will be my debut in London. I hope that my newest collection will be accepted and that this will be one of many shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment