Tuesday 17 May 2011

Introducing Rose Willis

Tell us a bit about your label 'Rose Willis'? 
My label ‘Rose Willis’ came about after I had finished university and realized that starting my own label is where my passion lied. I design with an edge and with personality. My collections are always filled with bold colors and prints for a quirky look. 
 
Who are your target customers?
I design for young women who want something unique to wear. My customers are bold with there style and know what they like. I design clothes that I know will look good on a woman. 

 
What would you say was the most crucial thing you learned from your Fashion Degree?

I learnt from my degree to be myself. That is why I put my own personality in everything I design. I don’t try to be something I’m not, I always design clothes that I would wear. 
 
Describe what fashion in Surrey is like.

I have the luxury of working in a little studio in my back garden, but I am also 20mins away from central London so I have the best of both worlds. 
 
Who is your muse?
My muse is women who are fierce with there style, they wear what they want with confidence and with personality. 

 
Your designs are very vibrant in colour. Where do you draw your inspiration? Color to me is so important to me when designing, colors reflect my mood and the collections. I feel if I have something to say then I say it in the way I dress. I am inspired by many things music, art, and nature are a few.
 
You collection is called Crypsis. What does this mean? 

Crypsis is when animals blend in to their environment, camouflage. Butterflies and the shapes and colours on their wings inspired my collection. I drew my own prints from observations of the patterns on the butterfly’s wings and also used the colors I saw. 
 
You will be showcasing at the LGN Events summer showcase. What should we expect?
I am making a new collection for the event, expect lots more color and prints. My collection will have a fresh look with flowing fabrics and shapes. 

 
Where do you see your brand in 5 years?

I have already had the opportunity to sell some of my designs in a small boutique but I would like to sell in bigger and well known boutiques and stores around the world. I would like my label to be known and popular with customers and fans. I would also love to show at London fashion week

No comments:

Post a Comment