Thursday 21 July 2011

Starworks Resort 2012 Collections Press Day

A review By our very own Sarah Best :)...


At the Starworks Resort 2012 Collections press day,I was very impressed by several of the brands showing there.  I think my absolute favourite clothing brand had to be Tucker.  The Shawl Collar Coat was one of the stand-out pieces for me, in a very dark navy, small check print with a white faux fur collar.  It looked expensive and luxurious, but if I remember correctly it was only about $300.                                                     
 I also liked their shirts, two of which stood out because they were very rich in colour (one was blue and the other was purple) with small pale spots on.  The fabric type was lovingly named ‘Tinsel and Gretel’ which I thought was quite sweet.
I also thought that Boyo Studio’s T-shirts were the perfect mix of laid-back, slouchy cool with black and white revolution-based prints and a pop of colour in the form of pink roses.
I think I saw the most interesting and beautiful shoes ever with Nicholas Kirkwood’s collection.  He had gorgeous patent peep-toes in red, black and nude and there were magnificent bright pinks, mint greens and cobalt blues.  The most fantastic pair though had to be the fluorescent yellow shoes with bright pink lace overlay.  They came in three styles with a pair of high court shoes, flat sandals and a pair of strappy high-heeled sandals.   I just couldn't take my eyes off them!
Before I went to the press day I was excited to see what Lily Allen’s Lucy in Disguise line would be like.  I have to say I was not disappointed as I genuinely think she has found a great style for her line.  The dresses were elegant yet interesting as they had sequins or beads, but were not over-the-top.  To me they personified the perfect party dress; sexy, girly and elegant all rolled into one; particularly the mint green shift dress with crystal bead detailing on the bottom of the sleeves and the hemline.  There were also some nice dresses which would be perfect for chic daywear, in shirt styles with eye-catching prints.
Overall I was really impressed and think I should also give Roksanda a mention as there were some really interesting colours and lovely long-sleeved maxi dresses which were utterly elegant and sophisticated.  I think 2012 will be a very exciting year for fashion if these designs are anything to go by, with zingy colours and luxurious fabrics coming into play.  


No comments:

Post a Comment