Thursday 3 June 2010

5 Mins with Emerging Designer Jonathan Liang...

We quickly caught up with award winning ‘A La Mode’ London Fashion Week designer ‘Jonathan Liang’ to learn more about his label and influences …


What inspired you to go into the fashion industry?
The people I love around me, I was doing fine arts before fashion, at the time I had a change of mind, to venture into fashion, it was the people around me who pushed me to pursue fashion. I'll always remember this.

Who are your biggest influences?
My mother, she keeps me going, gives me undying support and apart from that, all the ones who appreciates my work they inspire me a lot.

What inspires your designs?
Everything that intrigues me, I see the whole world as a canvas of inspiration

How did it feel to win the "Most Promising Designer" award?
Honestly, I am still in disbelief! But what I feel most is grateful and thankful for everything.

Does your birthplace influence your designs?
No it doesn't, my birthplace only influences my appetite

How do you feel about fashion in Malaysia?
Slow, it's definitely growing, but it really needs a lot of help from the young up and coming!

What is your design philosophy?

I always believe the society sets the trends, the designers inspires and provide


From now, what are your greatest ambitions?
Most people would expect the "own a fashion empire ambition" but that's not quite my greatest, my greatest would be to just at least make a change in any other kinds of field.

What advice would you give to other aspiring young designers?
Don't lose the passion, keep fighting. They probably here this a lot but it really works

Don’t Miss Jonathan’s show which will be taking place on Friday 17th September 2010 during London Fashion Week at the Luxurious Charing Cross Hotel.
Press and buyers interested in attending need to email
theresa@lagenevenorth.co.uk

Limited public tickets are available at www.lagenevenorthevents.co.uk/events.html

You can read more about this emerging designer here

No comments:

Post a Comment