Wednesday 30 June 2010

5 mins with designer Victoria Rangayah of new label Z-Mode…

1. What inspired you to enter the fashion world?
My mother's old clothes was my first point of inspiration to become a fashion designer. After cutting up few of her dresses and later on few of my husband's shirts I have decided that It’s time to study fashion.

2. What inspires your designs and how do you acquire your creative edge?
I absolutely love men's suiting fabrics, I get so excited walking in the menswear section in department stores and try to imagine how these fabrics would work in my designs. I love mixing different textures and shapes, and very often for my inspiration I turn back to Africa. This culture rich continent is perfect ‘food’ for my creative mind!

3. Has your experience in the fashion industry matched your perception of the fashion world?
I am still a newcomer to the fashion industry and I believe I still have a lot to learn, but I must say I didn't expect it to be easy so I’m ready for a challenge!

4. You have a wealth of fashion experiences behind you and from these experiences what advice would you give to other rising fashion designers?
The only advice I could ever give to anyone is - be proactive! If you want to achieve something - go and get it! Don’t be scared to be rejected, there is a door for you that's waiting to be opened - just keep knocking!

5. What makes your designs different yet appealing to your target market/buyer?Who is the z-mode customer?
My designs are edgy but yet not over designed and quite commercial. The sharp lines mixed with flowing silhouettes, hint of tailoring, these are the z-mode style staples.
z-mode clothes are targeted to over 25 years old customers, however we do have styles that can be suitable to younger girls too. Strong minded, confident, sophisticated - those are the characteristics of z-mode customer.

6. If you had just one word to describe fashion what would it be?
Art


Don’t Miss Z-Mode’s show which will be taking place on Friday 17th September 2010 during London Fashion Week at the Luxurious Charing Cross Hotel.
Press and buyers interested in attending need to email
theresa@lagenevenorth.co.uk

Limited public tickets are available at www.lagenevenorthevents.co.uk/events.html

No comments:

Post a Comment