Tuesday 27 July 2010

Wardrobe Intimacy: Lauren Briggs shares her key pieces with us!

This week fashion student, Lauren Briggs, shares with us her key wardrobe pieces as part of our new feature ‘Wardrobe Intimacy’.
Enjoy!

My Key Wardrobe Pieces :- By Lauren Briggs

Nude Heels


These are my favourite shoes amongst my vast collection of peeptoes, platforms and patents.

Being a typical student, I turn to the high street for the new outfits I am compelled to buy for the many upcoming events in my social calendar…and as high street fashion is sometimes well, cheap (and not to mention reoccurring…i.e. you walk into a bar and spot a girl working the exact same floral printed dress as you…horror!), I tend to buy a special pair of shoes, and suddenly the bargain LBD I grabbed in a sale, becomes an expensive showstopper.

These nude Kurt Geiger stilettos have just enough detail to make a statement, and they go with almost every outfit in my ever-growing wardrobe!

The LBD

Out of my 24 little black dresses, (shocking, I know) there is one which is my absolute beloved. It’s a black Topshop jersey version of Preen’s most wanted piece from their 2008 A/W collection. Plunging neckline, clinging waist and slouching pockets, this LBD creates gorgeous curves and never fails me.

The T-shirt

For those off-duty days I like to throw on a slouchy tee and city shorts.

This tee is perfect as it’s made of linen, so it’s cool and comfortable. I bought it from Zara, which is one of my favourite shops on the high street. I love their relaxed but edgy style.

The jacket

I love to team a grunge piece with pretty florals or vintage blouses for that effortless rock chic effect. I grabbed this one in the Topshop Sale and its perfect for summer as it’s cropped and lightweight. But what I really love about this jacket is the asymmetric style, I wear it open so it drapes coolly.

Spring boots from Miss Selfridge

This year, I found shoe trends to be the most interesting. We’ve seen everything from clogs to courts and kittens to canvas. My favourite shoe trend this year has been the laced up boot. I found a gorgeous pair at Miss Selfridge on the high street. I’ve worn them all the way through spring and they are still perfect for summer and late autumn. With a pretty vintage feel they take any outfit from day to night!

Harem trousers

Again, I headed to Topshop to look for the past season’s staple trouser; the harem. I went for the casual jersey pair instead of the cool tailored style. They look effortlessly chic and are so comfortable with a drawstring waist for those chocolate-binging days!

DKNY bag

Every girl needs the perfect handbag. Nicknamed “The Bucket Bag” because of its obvious resembling shape, this is, and has been for the past year, my perfect bag. I’m usually a tan leather addict, but when I spotted this patent black DKNY number I fell for it immediately. It’s been true love ever since.



To be featured in our ‘Wardrobe Intimacy’ feature and share your key pieces, please email yolande@lagenevenorth.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment